Monday, April 28, 2008

Grateful














The picture on the left is the view of the sunset in Panama City Beach, from my hotel balcony. The picture on the right is of Luc in the world's greatest sandbox!!!!! And Panama City Beach is where I am headed!!!!!

I admit, I am an early bird. Especially these days with my 2 work days a week being during.... the day rather than the night! There's something to be said for a good night's sleep!

Someone asked what the hell I do up so early? How do I wake up? Well I go to bed by 9. And I naturally wake up between 3-3:30 and I swear to God my heart is fluttering. Why? Not because of nerves. Because of what I get to do each and every single day.

The way I see it every single day is an opportunity. I know that I have an ability, and a talent. I am no Chrissie Wellington but I can swim bike and run and more importantly than whether I do it well or not, I love it.

I love it.

I don't feel obsessed (that might be debatable). It's not the feeling of.... oh no I must get my workout in.... it's the feeling of.... holy camole today is an FTP ride, or today is long run Tuesday, this is the life! I feel lucky. I feel blessed. I feel so happy to be a part of this sport and a part of the entire family that comes with it.

This morning is the first Monday I am actually going to be able to make a Monday Masters practice! I know that 8 X 200's pull are on tap on the 2:40. I know that means touch the wall and go. And I can't wait for the challenge. Grimm and I will lock arms a few times, but I am ready for it!

Also this morning I get to practice yoga in the kitchen. Now my husband won't allow me to heat it up to my typical 110 degrees, that's for the studio..... but guess what? My side Bakasana is really coming along! Now the metaphysical benefits of my practice far outweigh the physical, but when you are putting in 20 hour training weeks it feels like a darn good way to begin my day.

I don't practice to anything but my iPOd, a playlist. No yoga music. Just music. Moby.... Snow Patrol.... maybe a little Krishna Das. As a teacher I know the sequences and a student I am still learning. I guess my yoga practice isn't something I talk a lot about. It really is unexplainable. It's something I love to do.

In Florida I will practice on my hotel balcony early in the morning with the ocean in my view. The waves rolling onto the beach and the sound of birds and just.... life. A moment to connect, to become present and just to open my eyes and see the beauty of the world aorund me.
Does it get any better than that?

2 comments:

wiley said...

I am so grateful as well. For life and where it has led me. For being able to understand completely your thoughts about yoga and how powerful it is for the mind, body and spirit. How truly personal it all is. I am grateful to practice with you Mary. You have taught me so much-today I am getting air in front crow, a pose I'd never thought I'd get, who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Marit C-L said...

I'M WITH YA ALL THE WAY! THE WEEKEND IS QUICKLY APPROACHING - AND PCB HAD BETTER BE READY FOR 3 OF THE 6 CAMP HTFU GALS!

(Can the world handle it? I have my doubts.... :)

HERE COMES MISS MARY SUNSHINE, THE SLEEPER, AND THE KIDD!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!