Saturday, September 12, 2009

pumpkinman part I

Curt was overall amateur at Pumpkinman sprint today! Just seconds behind Cait Snow, the female champ and QT2 coach! The venue here is simply magnificent. Race director Kat Donatello certainly knows how to stage an event! It makes me look even more forward to tomorrow and the half Ironman.

It was great to see Curt have a great race, his running form is back on, and I think it was awesome for him to have a strong performance on the heels of a not so great one in Alabama as he heads to IMAZ!

While some raindrops fall outside I have my feet up. Carbo loading is going well. My head is clear, and I am without a doubt ready to race tomorrow. So very ready.

The journeys we go through, the ups and the downs, the wins and the losses.... they are for a reason. It leads us through the paths we are meant to travel to learn what we need to learn. I have been really fortunate to have gone through some bug ups and some big downs. As I think about where I need to be...... I am right there right now.

I am in a beautiful place. I am near the ocean. I am with my two favorite guys in the world. I am with the dream team, and I am being coached by the right coach. Who told me today.....who asked me if I had seen our 2010 goals yet. When I acknowledged that I had he told me..... "This is serious now.".

And I am ready.

1 comment:

kodiacbear said...

A big shout out to Curt for a Job Well Done! I would say good luck today but luck will have nothing to do with this (although there are outside factors that do come into play here like the weather... We wait with baited breath til the race report...