Thursday, October 30, 2008

Ironman Florida 2008 Day One Update

Thanks for all the well wishes..... rememebr CURT is racing.... not I!!!!! WOO HOO!


Funniest statement made while traveling with Luc today: it was made while we were walking through the Atlanta airport. Each time Luc sees a pilot he must approach and say hello. One kind pilot asks Luc "Where are you going today?"

"Starbucks." He answers. "My Mom really likes Starbucks.

Nice.

Arrival in Panama City Beach brought us sunshine. Not too long after we arrived at the hotel we took note.,…. Curt is ready. Silver bracelet is on. Sending him down a day early was a good call. Go Mary!

Soon, for the first time in the four visits I have had in PCB I found myself training… not tapering…. not loosening…. but training. Just a run, an easy run. I was the girl all you Florida Ironman athletes saw smiling and waving at all of you. The obnoxious girl running in her skirt while you were all dressed in arm warmers and mittens. It's 75 degrees people! Yesterday I was dressed in full on winter weather gear!

For the first time in a long time I am at an Ironman race and I am not racing an Ironman. It feels so weird.

This was the reason why I wanted to qualify early for Cheatwater 70.3 2009. (Sorry Rachel… I couldn't resist). If I qualified in Austin, then I would not sign up for Ironman Florida 2009. Really, it was the only way to prevent this from happening.

I have already thought about how it would be possible to do the double. My new coach however thwarted this idea quickly. Genius she is!

This evening we played on the beach and in the ocean. One of my athletes Kim and her boyfriend Jake joined the Eggers family for a round of mini golf. Then another one of my guys, Jay joined us all for some ice cream. It was good to have the peeps together. Everyone is ready. Everyone is ready to go.

Friday is Halloween. Danni and Marit arrive and tomorrow evening we swim in the ocean. We will show up at the Gilmore Girl's Memphis house on surf drive for trick or treats too!

A week of family and friends. Now really, does it get any better than this??????
I will have pictures tomorrow. Internet in PCB seems spotty this weekend! So does cell service. Until then there are bikes to be cleaned, bags to be numbered and memories about to be made. And of course, good scares!

3 comments:

rr said...

Fun fun fun! I love IM week.. and can only imagine how much better it is not having to RACE IT!

Jennifer Cunnane said...

YOu should have run in a bikini while doing mile repeats up and down the coast where the race is to be held!!! Keep having fun!

kerrie said...

i love that answer "starbucks"...too funny! you see, he really has been paying attention!!