Thursday, October 2, 2008

Texas Longhorn.... Day One!

I left my camera in the car..... pictures tomorrow!

We are settled in here is Austin Texas! Our condo is absolutely awesome, perfect for five tapering triathletes. I always find the greatest luck in landing the right people to travel with. Here are the players on tap for Austin:

Kitima; she's an Ironman lake Placid finisher, has a bunch of 70.3 races under her belt and is aiming for IM Canada 09!

Kevin: Kitima's better half, IMLP finisher and multiple 70.3 finishers himself!

Kim; this is Kim's first 70.3 and she's heading towards IMLP!

Ken: Swimmer extraordinaire, several time 70.3 finisher and heading towards IM Louisville.

Steve, his wife and their daughter will be joining us tomorrow. He's a first time 70.3 fellow as well.

Form Rochester to Austin there were a lot of miles, a lot of belly laughing and a lot of fun. We've got 2 mini vans and we've got mojo! This group completely rules to be with. Everyone is laid back and everyone rates high on my Fun-O-Meter!!!!

After we got to Austin we got our bikes at Jack and Adams. I was so glad o have my bike again! And you know….. Austin is so awesome! The weather is great! The sunshine felt so good!!! As we arrived at our condo complex we climbed four flights of stairs to learn we were on the first floor. I met a homeless man who informed me that he had three children to support and that his mom had eighteen children. When he told me his mom died last week I looked at him and told him mine did too.

The world's largest swimming pool was our next stop, but it was closed for cleaning. Not to worry, we will be there at 6am tomorrow morning for a swim!

There are lots of taco places around here but nothing beats the view from my window. I am directly accross from Starbucks. Heaven!

After a light dinner we headed over to Whole Foods, definitely the best grocery store ever-in-the-world. All I can say is that nothing could beat Wegmans……. this beats Wegmans.

My back is feeling good. Tomorrow is a run, and I am dying to run. I can't wait to slide into my Texas suit and get those running shoes on and run. Feel the heat, feel the sunshine and feel good. I am ready to race and have the best day that I am capable of having.

I feel so lucky tonight to be sharing an experience I thought I would experience alone….. with great friends. It's so good to laugh so hard. It's so good to be a little crazy. It's so good to chat triathlon all day and all night long.

It feels good to be in Austin!

I miss my boys. Today was picture day….. and kudos to Dad of the year Curt for putting a tie on Luc and for brushing his hair! Isn't this guy great!!!!
More to come…….. HOOK EM HORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Sounds like a GREAT time! You are SO ready - hope that you had an awesome swim in the local spot. I've ALWAYS wanted to visit... :) Enjoy and happy taper!

Trigirlpink said...

So glad to hear your back feels good after traveling. That is a huge plus!
Whatz with the taco places? Bree said the same thing.. funny...
Looking forward to some pix!!!

Mel said...

YEAH I am glad you got the photo:) He is such a FUN guy...I laugh as he totally had his "game face on" in that photo:)

Mary have a FUN FUN race and I will be cheering and tracking you and Bree:) Enjoy the sunshine!!!