Friday, September 7, 2007

Home Sweet Home

The best way to make friends on an international flight, is to puke your guts out while flying over the Atlantic Ocean. Until yesterday aside from crashing I believed the worst thing that could happen to me on an airplane would be to need to change a tampon. Nope. Hurling in midair is the worst.

Wait a second, hurling mid air and having the first bag brake and pour all over your legs is the worst thing. And then, to make things worse..... hurling in security as you are reaching your bags. Don't puke on your laptop either, that'd be another big no no.

I was never so happy to step out into the hot summer air as I was last night. It feels like a week since I have breathed fresh air. In Germany I was stunned at how many people smoke. Inside, outside, everywhere. I truly take for granted the clean air that we have here. In New York State you are not allowed to smoke in restaurants, and in many areas outside now. And now I am more grateful for that than ever.

I absolutely respect your right to smoke. But please respect my right NOT to smoke.

All of the clean air bills and laws that are pending? I might just become an environmentalist wacko. Go to Germany and you will see what I mean.

But again I say that you know when your vacation has done its job when you are happy to be home.

My training went well. I nailed the frequency but not the bike volume we had planned for. Coach T will take care of that as the focus begins today. As an added bonus Kelly B is in town to defend her SOS title, so we are sure to get into some trouble!

:-) Mary

No comments: