Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Brighter Than Sunshine

Things are looking up in every single way. The evenings are brighter and even though there is 200 feet of snow and ice all around.... spring is coming.

My body is responding to rest and I am back to the grind. I am rested today.

In a month I begin a new schedule at work that does not involve nights, weekends or holidays and is still just 2 days per week. And that means that I get to have regular sleep on a regular basis.

The best part of everything right now is that we had quite possibly the best and most hopeful meeting about our son yesterday that we have ever had. Ever.

That's what happens in life, it's cyclical, it's revolving. One down gives way to a rise, which could steady out into a flat or give way to a bit of a dip. Our emotions will follow suit but we keep looking to the horizon.

Right now my horizon says Florida and it says Gulf Coast. Which means racing, and sun and Ashley and Marit. Eight weeks and we'll be there on the beach in the salt water and having the time of our lives.

I can't help but feel lucky as I sit on the computrainer and get lost in LOST.

But before that we've got a girls weekend coming up in a few weeks. Four girls and 30K Around the Bay. The title makes it sound like it's somewhere warm, I assure you Hamilton Ontario is not the tourist destination, but it'll do. We've got a lot more HTFU'ing to do.

Including a bike test tomorrow. Me my Ergomo and the dream of a new and improved FTP.

Tomorrow I will do the reaching.



3 comments:

Marit C-L said...

Go Mary GO!!!!!

I'm really happy to hear about the meeting - WONDERFUL!

yep - Gulf Coast... here we come!

Pedergraham said...

Mary:
So glad that your glass is getting all filled up again, metaphorically. Aaaah, the peace of knowing that things are going in our kids' direction--I know that feeling.
-Danielle

Ashley said...

oh shit, that's the first time I thought.... 8 weeks from a 1/2 IM. Great, thanks for the reminder ;) CAN'T WAIT (to see you!!!). Nice job on the bike test, GRRRRRR