Friday, May 29, 2009

order now!

I love the T Shirts that say "Life is good." .... because it is. Believe you me I have had plenty of years where life was not good, so I am qualified to say that yes, life is good.
I have received a lot of emails this week asking how working with Q2T is going. It's going great. I am completing my first four week block with Coach Jesse and I couldn't be more thrilled. During the past four weeks we've done a steady volume of 14-16 hours, I am swimming 3 times a week, biking four, running four, and lifting twice. My runs are all 70-80 minutes and rides are 1:30-3:00 long. During this phase there are certain parameters to abide by, and I've done it. No problem.

Through this block we cycled through some testing, which to my relief sat me right where I knew I was in terms of pacing, heart rate and power. It's a big relief because often times you hear athletes feel that their paces and or zones are too fast or too slow. Understanding how this all works .... I am at the right place and pace at the right time.

I wish I'd have joined this team 6 months ago!

It definitely is tough as the race season is beginning, there are a bunch of races in June that I would love to jump into. But the next four week block will prepare me to begin racing again in July. Being that Ironman USA (Lake Placid) is just weeks away I am used to being in top form..... now! My peak will be peaking in November, so we've got a long way to go. I know though that I will arrive at that starting line wicked fresh.

This week was a recovery week. I have learned never to complain about a recovery week! I take them and I take them seriously! The past 2 days I have made it a point to lay low, stay home, get some work done ( but not too much). I tried turning on the TV but the only TV I am interested in watching in LOST. I walked the dog.

I taught myself how to knit (thanks internet). And my husband nearly pissed himself laughing. Me.... knit? It's been on my bucket list. Then Luc asked me to knit him a blanket. Then I realized that .... I can do a lot of things. But I don't really make anything. I want to be able to give Luc a blanket that I made for him and for it to become something he carries with him through life.

I know.... because I need something else to do, because I am not busy enough! Truth be told, through the three days that I have been learning, I really like it. It's quiet. It's strangely soothing.

I have learned two stitches so far: The cast on, and the Knit stitch. Thank goodness for You Tube. Here's my first masterpiece:



Yes, those are pink sewing needles. (I am trying.)

Exactly what is this? I don't know. I told Curt they were his new baby blue knit bike shorts. Maybe I will bring back the old knit cycling jerseys? Maybe a knit speedo? Knit cap (most practical I am sure).

I have a long way to go. Like everything there's a learning curve.

But for now if you happen to be at a race and you see some girl sitting by her bike knitting, come on over and join me. We'll start a trend. Knitting triathletes. Then I will create a division of Train-This knitting triathletes. Look for our booth in Hawaii this year. Train-This knit gear.

It will be all the rage. Order now while supplies last.

1 comment:

PJ said...

When I had stress fractures in both femurs and had to take a long break (and was obviously feeling down about it), a friend of mine who is a sports psychologist suggested taking up knitting. She said she suggests it to all of her injured athletes, especially those who have never knitted anything before -- something about most athletes being Type A and having a goal/purpose (finishing a blanket, etc). I didn't try it but there must be something to it.....