Monday, December 29, 2008

back to work

This is Luc next to his Lego creation..... he earned this kit selling popcorn for Cub Scouts, he and Curt built it together!

Today.... it was back to business.

Now don't get me wrong, I have been back in action for a while. I have lingered in my transition phase, did my 30 day running camp (all at E pace via the J.D. Vdot method) and I was very laid back for a bunch of weeks.

I have been asked what my new method is. I don't have a new method. I am using everything Coach T taught me and applying it again, except this time we won't be a miscarriage, sustaining a concussion, or crashing my bike. I have not scheduled those in for 2009.

Coach T's plan worked for me. I finished an Ironman with a PR of 10:58 feeling like I could have gone much faster. I had good training last year, improved my tests each time.

I just had a weird string of bad luck. But the good news is, I got it all out of the way.

If Coach T weren't busy in Grad school, amidst a career change, working full time and being a father to 3 adorable children and a husband to an equally adorable wife..... I'd be on his doorstep. But I need to take what he taught me and apply it.

This week I have a bike test and next week my first run test. This week the real work begins.

The back to work week began in the pool this morning with one terrific main set:

4 X ( 1 X 500 / 3 X 100)

While I did pull the 500's I made them all, and just a minute slower than college time. Glory days...... however on the 100s, I was dying on the 1:15. I should easily make a 1:15. Which alerted me to: you got endurance girl but ya got nothin for speed.

Good place to be.

That means the next phase is about to begin. Testing, work + adaptation = progress.

There are about 12 weeks until New Orleans. I'm on track for a good good day!

So HI-HO! HI-HO! It's back to work we go!

Bring it on!





No comments: