Monday, March 19, 2007

The Dawn

Three good solid weeks are lined up as things begin to take a slow transition into intensity. Another set of cruise intervals are lined up for Wednesday, and when I say short, I mean they are short. Three minutes :-) By the end of the block I hope to be up to six minutes. And with this Garimin I can see where my pacing is at.

In the fall while racing I was able to hold a good 7:45 pace. I am hoping for Gulf Coast to whittle that down to 7:30 pace, and then I am hoping to bring that to a level for a four hour marathon at Ironman Lake Placid. Then to Ironman Florida I would love to break four for that run.

So one continues to build into the next.

During this 3 week build I am going to race 2 times. I will sand which the Spring Forward 9.5 miler into an 18 mile run.... running 5 beforehand and 4 afterwards. Then to the Rabbit Ramble, a 4 miler which I shall insert into a 16 mile run. Just needing to get some tempo into these long sessions.

The ergamo will be here on Wednesday, which means time to learn some bike pacing.

It's all beginning to look up around here.

Have a terrific week, thank you for stopping by.

:-) mary eggers

No comments: