Sunday, March 11, 2007

Glory Days

Week two of the current build complete. Running miles to 41.94 Total training hours are at 18. While that is all well and good, you can run all of the miles you want and train the most hours of anyone, but it is what you do with those miles and hours that matters.

Given that, each workout has served its purpose. I am feeling wonderful. After the most running I have done in a few years I am absent of any kind of soreness. When I wonder if I can handle more miles, I am reminded that I can right now, handle more quality. It is easy to want to pile more on, it is hard to be smart.

My cycling is coming in the direction I hope it shall. cadence much higher, steady wattages and the heart rate zones as prescribed.

Swimming is going well also. Now that we are swimming 2 X 90 minute sessions we are cranking out 5000+ yards. What I adore about my swim coach however is that we still drill. We still scull, we still do the basics.

Nutrition also evolving. More water is the goal this week, as I tend to be a coffee drinker throughout the day. I love the ambiance that comes along with my caffeinated glory. The warm mug, the conversation. Just about anything in the world can happen over a cup of Joe.

At our Ironman meeting this mooring I noticed how the team has bonded. The boundary between the new people and the current group has been erased. Memoreis are forming, It's all so wonderful.

Onward we go, build week three next week. Tempo and hills are the themes.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: