Friday, June 8, 2007

Ironman Eagleman 70.3

This morning we are off to the Ironman Eagleman 70.3 in Cambridge Maryland. While I have not tapered for this race, I am very excited to try a new nutrition plan (Thanks Trevor) and to work on pacing.

The hardest thing for me at this race will be pacing on the bike. I am a strong cyclist and for the past 2 years have made the top ten bike split list..... but for one reason or another my run has suffered.

My goal in this race is to bike.... eeeks..... conservatively.... slower...... at the bottom end of threshold wattage..... and if another woman passes..... let her go! EEKS! Trevor reminded me that we know I can bike well, I need to have a solid run. He's right.

So whatever the final time I am looking for solid splits, to feel good, and most importantly to have a boatload of fun. I will be there with friends from home, friends I have made there and new friends to be made.

Kelly I wish you were with us! BOO HOO!

You can follow along on Sunday morning at www.ironman.com my wave leaves at 0758. Cheer loud and thanks for your continued support.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: