Friday, January 25, 2008

Thirty Four

Thank goodness I am a triathlete. Age is looked at with respect, and there is always a new place to go. New age groups, new opportunity. Every few years you get to the the youngest.

Yes it it true, today I am thirty four years old. My age doesn't freak me out, the fact that I have a seven year old child freaks me out! My sister called my mother last year crying that she turned 30. I called my Mom gloating that I am the elder in the age group and next year I get to be the baby!

So what shall I do on this glorious day of mine? Well wouldn't you know, it is "Grading Day" in the Rush-Henrietta School District. But I understand. They have to call it grading day. How would it look if they declared today a district holiday (which it is!).

So what does the big day involve? A trip to the spa? No. A Movie? No.

We start off with masters swimming where my intestines will be yanked through my ears for 90 minutes. Continuing on with a short easy run, then Luc is taking me out to breakfast. (funny.... when a seven year old takes you out to breakfast their ATM is your wallet.... B.O.M. .... Bank of Mom).

And then..... hold your pants on..... this is where it gets exciting. We are headed to the Strong National Museum of Play. You see they have a new exhibit. It's called Grossology? What's that? You'll be glad you asked.

Grossology is the study of boldly functions. Burping, farting, how those are formed.... you get to smell them, climb a wall of skin and feel the hair brush against you. You can stand under a nose and get blown on.

Now that.... it puts the F ... back in the word FUN.

I will be sure to bring along my barf bag.... the kind that breaks open like on my flight home from Germany this year. Yes, that'll do.

So thirty four, here we come. We have great things to accomplish this year. And first we will start it off in the grossest of ways!

And don't worry.... I will let you know how it goes!

:-) Mary

8 comments:

Beth said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mary! Hope your day is very special...and ?gross? :) Hope all your birthday wishes come true!!

And good luck in your hilly 10K too!! Have a great day!

kodiacbear said...

Happy Wonderful 34th!!! Enjoy ALL those grossly precious moments. ang

wiley said...

Happy Birthday, Warrior Woman!!!

Anonymous said...

Yipppeee, 34!!! Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you....you are not a Capricorn like me though, right? Just barely missed it. Hey, next year, you are coming into my Age Group - YIPPEEEE! :)) Enjoy your day and hope you survived the swim. With Spencer in town I vomited in the pool today and it was on the 1st 400. Have a great day! Jen

Marit C-L said...

Happy Birthday! Wonderful - enjoy the grossology!!! And one year until you get to be "the baby" of the AG. Hurrah for birthday's and wonderful families to spend them with.

Brooke Myers said...

Have a great b-day and please bring a camera...

Pedergraham said...

Have a great b-day and lunch and museum trip with your very special date!

Here is a good coffee story for you: http://warner.blogs.nytimes.com/
-Danielle

BreeWee said...

Happy, Happy Birthday and yahooo 34... watch out world!