Friday, February 29, 2008

Camp HTFU Update

Hello! Hello! Day one of Camp HTFU went great! 45 min into my ride I endured 4 flats, and got frustrtaed with my inability to locate the source! I headed back, and via the Bat Signal found the bike shop, where we identified and remedied the issue. Whew!

I don't know how I found my way .... but more on that later. Let's just say Mary had a big cup of HTFU in a very different way!

Today's totals for me:

4300 yards
1:45 bike..... the others got 3:00 ..... bummer for me, but I did get to experience the unbelievale kindness of South Carlina...... special thanks to the Carolina Triathlon Bike Shop and especially to Matt..... for leading my way!!!!!
45 min run.

Tomorrow is out biggest day, we climb Panther. Good thing for me I am not as trashed as my teammates so I should be fine!!!!!

The weather is a bit cool but there is no snow!

THANK YOU TO DANIELLE FOR THE AMAZING CARE PACKAGE! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! JEN took care of the chocolate and Liz and I took care of the coffee.


And did you know that Marit's name is NOT pronounced Marit like Mary. It is pronounced MARit, like Marshmallow.

6 comments:

BreeWee said...

Oh man you girls are having fun! I hear you are the coolest thing since sliced bread from the other girls posts... way to keep your chin up with all those flats! I hope tomorrow you give them a run for their money up that nasty hill with your some-what fresh legs!

Beth said...

Bad luck with the flats!! But maybe today you'll turn it into your GOOD luck!! Hope you have a great rest of your trip and camp! Can't wait to hear more!

Pedergraham said...

The next time I am faced with bike technicalities, I'm going to think of the grace you handled your flats with (as reported on other HTFU blogs!) and follow your example.

Have some more great training today!
-Danielle

Chad Holderbaum said...

Wow! It really seems like you all are doing some hardcore training in SC! Great work all of you!

Anonymous said...

Flats suck. No matter what the temperature. At least you didn't cry like Elizabeth did...
Glad you're having a good time Stay safe.

Brooke Myers said...

I just found myself repeating Marit's name over and over as I pronounced it wrong as well...

That aside bummer on the flats, I too got a nice flatty this morning. Have fun and enjoy the training!!!