Sunday, February 10, 2008

Three Weeks... Still

Somehow I have lost a week. Added a week. Because I looked this morning and camp is still three weeks away.

Bummer.

It seems strange in February but this week I shall be making sure I have all my outside riding gear all set. Spare tubes, pump, etc. I typically don't get this stuff ready until April. In no time at all I will be riding with friends in the sun!

I had a great week of training. I even ran an 8 miler yesterday, hanging onto goal pace for 1/2 the race before fatigue set in. The good news: I hung onto Alan one mile longer, I held my pace one mile longer, and I did not give up. Heading into a race with 12+ hours of training on my legs didn't feel bad, it felt pretty good.

Just like my uber running friends are HTFU'ing in Masters Meets, I am HTFU'ing myself up in road races. And while my times are not reflecting it yet..... I am making big gains. When I hit the road in Gulf Coast I will have these freezing cold harder runs under my belt. I will know what to do with the pain, I will know what to do with the fatigue.

In due time, in due time.

It is exciting.

3 comments:

Marit C-L said...

That's it Mary - that's it!

Get that gear ready... here we go.... up up up and AWAY!

NICE JOB with all the running - you rock!

GULF COAST TRI watch out! Marry Eggers and her HTFU attitude are on the way!

BreeWee said...

you guys better post a lot of photos! Everyone that is not part of the HTFU camp is going to want to see some adventures!
Good job on all the runs on pooped legs, I am SO with you!

Jen in Budapest said...

I'm very new to all of this. Thanks for posting your experiences and your training things......so novice people like myself can learn from the best.