Thursday, February 21, 2008

Cold with a Capital C!

It's all in your attitude ... I told myself as I started my car this morning at 5am. Home is where the heart is.... it's all about attitude.... I start my car for about 15 minutes before I leave in the morning. So if you are looking to steal a SUV, come on over to my house early. Chances are you'll get caught pretty quick. My car is pretty easy to spot. We'll just say you'd better be an Ironman, and you'd better be a chick. (How else can I prevent my husband from driving my car? :-)

I will not get a remote car starter, I said to myself. How lazy could I be? Upon my arrival at my 6am yoga class somehow that was the topic of conversation. Remote car starters. Now I admit I am being stubborn. When I leave the hospital at 2:30 am and have a 20 minute walk to my car, it would be nice to have it started and toasty.

It would also be nice if there was a hot cup of coffee waiting for me but I park accross from Starbucks so I will take that.

When I leave for Masters or yoga in the morning .... I go out and start my car anyways... what would be the difference?

So I at least promised myself that this Sepetmber I would reconsider it. It certainly not about price, the things are dirt cheap these days. It's about principle. Too bad that right now I can't seem to define that principle. I can't seem to find the reason I was against one in the first place.

Hipocrite!

Next week is Camp HTFU and I have decided this.... if South Carolina for some reson is not warm enough we will pack into the van.... the Camp HTFU van and we will drive south until we find the sun. So far they are calling for 61 degrees and I will take 61 degrees. 61 degrees is more than thirty degrees warmer than where I am.

It's also 30 degrees warmer than the garage which houses the bikes and the treadmill..... it's also five degrees warmer than it is in my house ;-).

So bring it on. Let's go. Give me the sun. Better yet, if my plane flies me straight into the sun, I will be one happy camper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This winter I said:
1.) I want TOILET SEAT WARMERS
2.) Automatic Car Starter
3.) Car seat warmers
4.) Electric blankets.
All, of which, I have NEVER had in 37 years of living here in IL. This year, I want them all. I could care less if that makes me lazy. I am sure training X hours a week doesn't make me lazy!
Oh, and 61F? that is 61 degrees warmer than it was here yesterday. Rock on! Jen H.

Pedergraham said...

It will be warm for your camp. It will be warm for your camp. It will be warm for your camp.

I'm just going to keep saying that until it happens!

BTW, sign me up for one of those toilet seat warmers...and a heated bathroom floor too!
-Danielle

Eileen Swanson said...

Just visited and like your blog! Hope you get some serious warmth during your camp htfu and hope it is awesome!

E ;-)