Monday, February 18, 2008

Hot Fun

I never thought about it when I designed my HTFU suit. Not even once. I laughed out loud when Marit wrote of what happened to her.

And then it happened to me.

"What does HTFU mean?" An older woman asked me at the YMCA last week. She looked so sweet, she had the cap with raised dasies and a chin strap....

Oh GAWD what do I say?????? I panicked. I dont' want to tell someone who reminds me of my Grandmother what it means, that would involve dropping a great big F-Bomb and then I would be scolded. I thought quick and used the exact same line Marit and her friend used....

"Hot Fun." I said. "Hot Fun. They spelled it wrong!"

"It's very cute." she smiled again. I imagine a suit with skulls and crossbones looks very cute. Maybe she already knew and she just wanted to see if I had the balls to drop an F Bomb on her.

I didn't.

Camp HTFU is just over a week away and I know it will be flying past me. I have no idea what's in store for me except good hard fun. Marit and Ashley just ran some smoking 1:27 1/2 marathons this past weekend. I am a good 10 minutes begind these ladies in the 1/2 marathon running dept. But that's what camp is for. To hold on and hold on tight. And come out of it a better runner. Well, it would better be said to elevate my pain threshold.

But I swam some 1:12's in the pool yesterday! Does that count? Damn that the swim is so short in an Ironman!

Speaking of swim I did my swim challenge. And I should have done them on 1:08. I might have died, but I should have attempted.

HTFU Mary!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I am just waiting to wear mine! Oh boy. My kids asked me what it meant..I said something silly that 6 year olds would get. I think I will say what Kerri R suggested: Harrison Triathlon Fed. Union - HAHAHAHa......I am going to do your swim challenge times on Friday...but the 1.10 send offs at the end are plenty, eh? OUCH Jen

Mel said...

I think Old ladies minds are dirtier than we think...that would have been classic if you would have just told here what it meant...just to see her reaction...

Watch her now go and get a suit with HTFU on it..since she thought it was cute :) too funny!!!

Marit C-L said...

Excellent - glad that it worked! Hee hee hee, like the Harrison Tri Fed Union - that as well. NOW we can all be creative, right? T-how many days...? :)

Steve Stenzel said...

Wait...so what does it mean....?

Good luck out there!!!