Tuesday, April 29, 2008

One Day At A Time

I sat down and looked at my week yesterday and I almost threw up in my mouth. It's crazy. It's finals time, it's an insane work week, it's the last big week before Gulf Coast.... and admittedly I am feeling overwhelmed.


During our long run this morning Sarah was feeling the same way. It's crunch time for both of us.

The main reason I work as a Pediatric Emergency nurse is because I have the amazing benefit of free tuition at the University of Rochester. So working just 2 days a week gives me a free ... normally $1K per credit.... education. That's a huge benefit.


Plus I do love what I do. It would be easy to step out of this world and into the coaching world. Not until I finish my degree though.


To not use vacation time that I love to save (I have this thing with numbers I suppose...) I am working a four day stretch this weekend, preparing for 2 final presentations, writing programs, guiding my athletes and prepping for a 1/2 Ironman in Florida next weekend.


Whew.


Life looks big when you look at it like that. So you can't. You have to turn off tomorrow and the day after. You can only look at today. Today, is Tuesday. Long run complete. I know my training is where it should be when I am a bit tired on the run. When the hills feel bigger. I'm almost cooked, almost well done.


Next up my spinning class, which I love. The kids are amazing.


The rest of the afternoon is devoted to a presentation I have to give on Wednesday. Wednesday itself is an exciting day but more on that tomorrow.


My favorite part of today will be at 8pm. One of my athletes, Rena is competing at Ironman Brazil in just a few weeks. We are nailing down the details of her day. Nutrition, gear bags, etc. She's worked so hard and I can't wait..... can't wait to follow her on race day.


Today is all we have. Right here and right now. It's easy to get caught up in the bigness of the next 7 days. Sarah and I promised each other we would not let that happen.


Come next Tuesday morning when we run along Main street, the big stuff will be finished and I will be 2 days away from running down a Jetway and hopping on an airplane.


And flying directly to the sun!!!

1 comment:

Marit C-L said...

And then I'll get to give you a great BIG HUG!

Can't wait!!!!!!!