Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Tuesday Skirt Runs

We've decided to take a photo after each long run on Super Secret Hot Chicks in Skirts Long Run Tuesdays. The rule is that it must be silly. We strategically tried to place our hands so it looked like we were petting the alligator (because we truthfully were too tired to step up onto the garden next to it), and yes, this week it's Tim Horton's in the background. Special thanks to Adam who got dragged out of bed for this photo op.

Although in the afternoon we are in the 60's this morning we were at a balmy 35 degrees. Which is really cold when you are wearing a skirt. At one point I turned to Sarah and asked her if she saw my legs because I couldn't feel them.

We might as well have called it Confession Tuesday..... because Sarah made 2 confessions to make to me. And apparently I am the last one to know. This is not new news. This morning Sarah admitted to me that in T1 at IMLP last year she stopped to out detangler in her hair. Confession #2 was that at Around the Bay 3 weeks ago she wore mascara. So she wouldn't look albino in her race pictures.

I almost threw up in my mouth. Twice. No, I did actually throw up in my mouth. Twice. Somewhere Coach T just passed out.

The morning was cool but the sky was full of stars. We took to some more hills this week before we hit our Main Street Streak at the end of the run. It's interesting what happens when the pace gets faster. We start to strip. Fuel belts, shirts. We ether tie them to us or throw them into some one's yard. Know that if you wake up with a shirt tied to your mailbox we will be back to pick it up.

We are strippers not litterers.

Scary moment of the morning was running through a neighborhood. Little did we know it was our friend Alan's neighborhood. So when he emerged from the darkness to join us for a few steps (in jeans mind you) I thought Sarah was going to pass out. That's really me covering for admitting that I was also.

So here it was once again that the conversation diminished as the pace quickened. Our breath and our feet were the only sounds. It's what I have come to love about Tuesday mornings. Pace, breath and running. Who would have though I would love to run so much? (Coach T did....)

As we completed our Main Street Streak... we called out the minutes. Three, then Two, then run for your life. I swear we wore smiles as big as the earth. I swear we had visions of Ironman finish lines in our minds. I know that we were willing the other to stay with ourselves.

Does it get any better than this?

3 comments:

wiley said...

The two of you look beautiful and fit!!!! Good thing you run when there is little traffic!!! You both would be stopping cars in your skirts!!!!

Wingman said...

Maybe the key to this running thing isn't Coaching but rather the skirt.... hmmm think the quadzillas would look good in something high and tight?

BreeWee said...

oh man I need a female running partner... I doubt I could get my run buddy (a boy) to wear a skirt with me! LOVE the idea...