Wednesday, January 21, 2009

brave heart

It is with great saddness that I am writing...... as our friend Zachary DeRidder has died. Many of you know Zachary as "the kid who was competing with Cancer." And while yes, he was, he was truly so much more than that.

Bravery is not a word I can use.... it is just too small. He was a man of faith, love and something so much bigger than bravery.

To read Zach's story please click here: www.zhope.org

To watch the video he won the Lance Armstrong LiveStrong contest with, click here:


To read a beautiful tribute to Zach by his friend Leah (whom I am so proud to call my friend thanks to Zach) please click here: http://lifesandwiches.blogspot.com/2009/01/he-holds-our-hearts-in-palm-of-his-hand.html

Thank you Zach, for all you brought to all of our lives. For teaching us to truly.... LiveStrong.

1 comment:

Eileen Swanson said...

I am so sorry. Zach seemed like such an amazing person! Sorry to hear about his passing.