Thursday, February 19, 2009

melting pot

Please click here for some important Weekend At Placid Camp Information!

It's been somewhat of a difficult week for Western New Yorkers. The past 7 days have been filled with a great deal of loss. So you can imagine the horror that shot through me when at 8:30am Tuesday morning I opened the door to the Sheriff.

"Who died?" I asked him. Bracing myself. There is one reason the Police come to your house.... provided you have not broken the law.

"No one died." He smiled at me. "There was a hang up 9-1-1 call from this address."

I turned around to see the culprit himself, home on winter break, in his jammies, sticking his hands in the air.

He was horrified. Mister Policeman was ever so kind. He spoke with Luc about what emergencies were and the part that made me feel good..... they show up when you call.

In a week filled with so much loss..... that is a good feeling.

In other news I have been scolded and scolded for not posting about the puppy. Cocoa is doing just fine..... she's getting big, she's doing naughty puppy things like pooping and peeing everywhere and sometimes even outside despite the schedules and the dog whisperer tricks we are learning. She's got an incredibly sweet nature. She and Luc are trouble together with a very capital T. We've been introduced to the gentle leader and she's done well at the vet.

Dogs are an interesting thing and dog people....are even more interesting. I have never been part of that group.... truthfully I have always mocked them out..... but as I am getting to know then it's just like any other group of people..... mostly wonderful. There's always a few nut jobs and in every group I belong to let be known I am never the nut job. Not me. No way.

I am still fascinated by the people who tell me life will be doom and gloom with a new puppy (they said that about a new baby too....). Life is so far from doom and gloom.

Life is really what you make it to be. If you want a lot of drama.... you will naturally gravitate towards people who have a lot of drama. If you are not, then you won't. Our home.... drama free. I grew up in a hostile drama filled house..... many of us did. There comes a time when we need to grow up and move on however. You an spend your life acting the way you do because of your past..... or you can grow up and forge on. Make your own way and make your own life.

As Chuckie V said so well the other day...... you have 2 choices, you can get busy dying, or you can get busy living.

No comments: