Monday, February 16, 2009

swim video

I accidentally deleted the comment (Sorry) but here is the link to the camera we are using. (CHEAP!)

Here are two videos that we took yesterday with the new underwater camera.... see what you think as you take a look at my stroke and Curt's stroke. Please excuse the continued Blair Witch Project style of filming, we are still in the trial mode. There are a few settings I need to play with to get a better picture (and there are not a whole lot of settings on the camera...... so this is me forgetting each time).

The first video is a shot of Curt pool running without the belt. Damn good form, you can just put him on the road and that's his running style.

Click here for that.

The second video is of both of us swimming...... now the opening credits are a bit wrong and there is a repeat section. I am just an amateur.

Click here for that.

2 things to look at for me...... my left arm swing is because I only breathe to the right (swimmer laziness) and my underwater pull. It's fine but you will notice I have "paddle hand".

For Curt.... the worst backstroke I have seen..... but he's a self taught adult swimmer so I won't pick on him publicly..... and his underwater pull, fingertips need to point down and elbows need to stay high.

Both of us could tighten the kick up as well.

The little guy in there is Luc doing his laps.

2 comments:

Pedergraham said...

I love Luc's cameos. :)

Swimming for ME said...

Thanks for the camera tip. It is pretty affordable. Do you put it in some sort of waterproof housing to do the underwater shots? Our team has talked about doing this for a while and I am encouraged by your videos.