Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Treasure


"Good morning Mommy." Luc pried my eyes open at the sleep in hour of 8am. To me waking at 8am is like normal people sleeping in until noon. But I have been sick the past few days with bronchitis, self diagnosed and treated of course. I am after all a nurse and everyone knows we don't GO to the doctor when we are sick! Antibiotics? Heck no, I have to have a SERIOUS infection! HA HA!

"Mommy we have to play with my train!" he cheered pulling my hand and pulling me out of bed.

Ah yes, Christmas was a success. We spent Christmas at my parents house about an hour away. Their house has become Grand Central Station for the holidays and I love it. My sister and her fiance were home from France, and my aunt was in from Pittsburgh. During the day random people stop by, and there is an overload of cheer and good food.

I was very good on the cheer and food, I even dragged Amy and Yann out for a run on Christmas Eve and a long run on Christmas Day.

A magical moment happened at 3am. Luc stole into our room and crawled into bed between us.

"Daddy." He said waking my husband.

"Hmmmmm?" Curt moaned.

"Daddy have you been good?" Asked Luc.

"Of course I have." Curt replied. I giggled inside. As Luc settled himself back into slumber, he softly began to sing to himself .

"Better watch out, better not cry........"

Nothing can replace the magic in our son's eyes as he descended the stairs on Christmas morning. Santa had set up a train for him, all he had been asking for was the Polar Express. He screamed in delight as he realized he HAD in fact been good, and that Santa in fact HAD bought him his train!

Since we have arrived home I think the train had traveled 3,000 miles. The Polar Express has captured all of our hearts. It represents the magic of Christmas, the possibilities of what may lie ahead, and it brings us together. Under the Christmas tree we hover, watching it go round and round and round..........

No comments: