Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ironman Louisville

Tomorrow morning four athletes from our Ironman Team will toe the line at the Inaugural Ironman Louisville, in Kentucky. Bill Harris is competing in his second Ironman. Rich Clark is starting his 9th. Glenn Kofahl and Jeremy Hammons (who are uncle and nephew respectively) are competing in their first. Friends of Train-This include Denise Everitt in her billionth Ironman, Bryce Baird in his 3rd and Courtney Green in her 1st.

These athletes have been through the gamut this week as swim changes seemed to be announced daily. For the first time ever a time trial start will begin the Ironman, and this is a non westuit swim for them as well.

I am very proud of this team. I am very proud that this team is arriving to the starting line 110% prepared, 110% ready and 110% focused.

Right now I feel more anticipation than I ever feel for myself. I know how their stories will end, I just don't know how the journey will go. I want to be there on the sidelines cheering. I want to be next to them on the course exchanging a high five. I want to see their finishes and the look of pure joy on their faces.

They will have an inaugural Ironman, record heat, a time trial start, and they'll be great. I on the other hand will be a nervous Nellie as I exchange emails with my good friend Jennifer Harrison, as she has several peeps racing as well. My long ride with coach is at noon, so I will be riding during their ride as well.

Positive vibes fill the air from our hearts to theirs. And I told them to listen, and listen carefully. If they listen hard enough they will hear the subtle roar of screaming coming from 11 hours away.

Because they know that the Train-This Team will be here screaming for them all day long!

Thanks for stopping by.

:-) Mary Eggers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Looking forward to "chatting" tomorrow thru the internet, MARY! I will be working all day and online all day - so we can watch "together!" :) Jen