Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Thank You!



It took just one day for us to find our first smile.... but I am proud to report that Luc is doing great and we are adjusting to life with a cast. For a 6 year old who spends the day swimming it's a hard adjustment. Pain control is good, a bit too good in fact. He actually had to back off a bit to allow the edge of pain to be present. No weight bearing on the leg whatsoever until the next X-ray on Tuesday.

Our house has nothing but stairs, so I am certainly getting my strength workout in :-). The local ambulance corps loaned us a wheelchair, allowing me to take Luc out for pancakes and for four walks yesterday!


This may impact my upcoming Germany trip, but we will just wait and see. The more Luc can mobilize himself the better. We've got a pair of crutches and once we get the "all clear!" then we can begin to learn to use them.


Curt Luc and I want to express how much we appreciate all of the unbelievable support you've blessed our family with. The visits, the cards, the calls and the emails all make a darling little guy feel very loved. Thank you so very much!

Thanks for stopping by!


:-) Mary Eggers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was nice to see you both at yoga on saturday, i am glad you and Luc enjoyed your day and I am hoping every day he feels a little stronger!
Love
Amanda