Thursday, December 6, 2007

Data

Guess what I learned today...... Charlotte is in South Carolina, not North Carolina. Did I ever mention I failed 10th grade Global Studies?

Grimm and I are having a contest to see who loses their toenails first. I have 3 blackies and he has 2. He did Hawaii and I did Ironman Lake Placid and Ironman Florida (will I milk that forever.... oh yes.) I have one popped off and he has none.

Wednesday was a day of testing beginning at 0545 in a wonderfully cool pool. And by the way, those of you Masters swimmers who think this water is cold? You should have gone to high school with me. 0430 practices.... colder than this ;-)

It was sprint week. I hit the wall after a 200 free and when I heard 2:15 from Coach Lorie, I asked Grimm if we did 150 yards instead of 200. He shook his head. And we did it three more times.

I was ready for the bike test. I was psyched. If there is a place I can hurt it is on the bike. This would be my reward from holding back at IMFL and not biking hard. I calibrated the Ergomo and I hopped on with one thing in mind.

To Hammer. And Hammer I did.

An hour and five minutes later I got off the bike happy. It felt awesome to push so hard.

I hopped up to my office to download the data. Did I raise my FTP after a 3 week break after an Ironman (after a previous one.... ha ha)? I sat and waited and waited while it downloaded. 3 minutes later after 19000 files were downloaded..... the error message came.

"NO NEW FILES TO DOWNLOAD."

This is sometimes a problem with Mr. Ergomo. This mystery disappearance of files. I worked so hard. I retrieved what I could manually but it wasn't enough. I should have hooked up the computrainer and had a back up recording of the data there as well. My mistake.

I am begging to retest next Wednesday. I know my results were good. And nothing to show for all that data!

:-) Mary

2 comments:

BreeWee said...

OH MY GOSH! I sound like you... maybe all triathletes are similar! I am counting my "about to pop off toenails" too and I lost the data to my SRM from Ironman! I wanted to cry! It never saved and yes my coach wanted to kill me! Feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

I REALLY dislike all the tech stuff we race on...I rarely ever got my Ergomo calibrated correctly prior to any races - ARGH!!! The computrainer is the best one out there, but you can't race on it. HAHA!! :) I feel your frustration!
And, 200s on 2.15 - oh, we are going to have fun in SC!! hee hee....! NICE! Jen