Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year!

From a snowy Rochester New York, I wish all of you the most wonderful New Year's Celebration tonight, and the happiest new year ever!

It's my tradition to work New Year's Eve.... I get Thanksgiving and Christmas off, so I make that trade. I have done it for so long that it is something I look forward to. As a pediatric emergency nurse I get to see a lot of ..... interesting.... things. Today I shall work 2pm to midnight and will have the opportunity to spend the ringing in of 2008 drinking Sparkling Grape Juice with my Peds Ed family and the families and children that are with us. It's a strangely special event.

Once the clock strikes 12 we begin the countdown. When will the trauma bells ring and who will be the first to shoot his neighbor of the new year? New Year's Eve is a big "shoot your neighbor" night.

To all of my fellow blogging buddies, to all of my wonderful athletes, to all of my wonderful friends, to the world for crying out loud.... from my family to yours, have a HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: