Sunday, June 21, 2009

quick camp recap..... the luckiest

As I drove home from Lake Placid this afternoon I kept basking in a warm sense of gratitude. I can't believe that I get to do what I do. Triathlon is my passion, and I can't believe I have been able to turn that into a career, which in turn, more importantly than anything in terms of a business..... allows me the great fortune to work with the athletes that I have the privilege to work with..... and this weekend add to that...... some great people that I don't coach, but who honored me by attending our camp.

I feel like I am the luckiest girl on the face of this earth. I need to send a giant thanks to the two boys in my life who make every single breath I take breathtaking itself..... my husband Curt and my son Luc, who gave me the biggest huggs upon returning this evening, who allowed me to go away this weekend, and who make every minute of my life just damn incredible.

I found so many amazing things in this world of multisport, while to outsiders we may be viewed as selfish people obsessed with exercise...... what I have found.... is a group of people who love life as much as I do. Within that a group of people who just love to laugh, move, breathe and connect with one another.

In our lives we get to meet people, in our lives people touch us and give something to us that brings such richness to us. It's like we exchange energy in the form of a laugh, a smile, a ride getting snot rockets blown on you......

In those memories so much is built in terms of friendships, camaraderie, and just plan great memories.

I can not express enough the gratitude I feel, that this team is made up of who it is made up of, that people outside of this team thought enough of the camp experience to come along, to be able to share laughter over a Gatorade and a slice of pizza. In the beauty, serenity and mountains of Lake Placid.

More to come, I will have a full team report and a personal report up in the next few days. Personally I found great healing in Placid in terms of my experience from 2008...... and have made a decision on 2010.

Thank you everyone who came along this year. I am so humbled by your desire to come, your kindness, your spirit, and I am so grateful to be able to know all of you!

No comments: