Thursday, June 11, 2009

welcome to the box of hurt

Thursdays.... much like Tuesdays.... just add in a 75 minute hill bounding run. Double your trouble on Thursdays I like to call it. Tempo bike and hill bounding. All that before 8 hours of saving lives.

Ahhh..... the life of a Princess!

The horrible thing about all of it is that I got my semi annual hair cut yesterday..... and she used mousse..... oh excuse me.... product. Do I use product? I didn't know what it was so I said no. Good thing, because I don't. But just like I am the world's most coach able athlete I am the world's easiest hairstylee.... one who has their hair cut by a hairstylist. Don't take your time combing through my tangles one strand at a time, just brush them out like a real woman. My hair is down to my waist, minute three inches now (not out of a hair plan, out of sheer hair laziness) so that means I am used to a tangle, or two.

The problem with product is when you are knocking out 2 X 25 minutes in your garage sweating your butt off, and the mouse, oops.... product...... runs into your contact wearing eyes. God forbid you stop in the middle of the effort, because if I went blind from the mousse in my eyes I am sure it would have impacted the world enough to solve some global problem.

I lived. And I didn't go blind.

I didn't hit my goal wattage though. Bummer. The intervals were 5 minutes longer and my goal was 220...... and I was at 210. Heart rate and cadence were in check, but those are the easy ones to control. Sometimes you just don't totally rule the bike like you lead yourself to believe you do. Or at least me.

I did my very best for today. There are five sets of hill bounding that will happen in about an hour so I can swell on missed wattages or I can saddle up, hydrate up, resist from downing 3 cups of Pike Place in the hopes that it will carry me up the hill and negative split each one.

Today that hill is my B****. Missed wattages or not the hill is mine today.

No comments: