Sunday, February 4, 2007

Crank-This, Epic Weekend Part II & Finale

Hours pass quickly when riding against "Frank" the liquid metallic opponent on the Computrainer screen. I am delighted to say that on the Lake Placid course I kicked Frank's butt. Maybe I had a little help in his pacing but it felt good to step off the bike, a very successful long ride, and my first true Computrainer ride, complete.

This was really my first ever saved, analyzed Computrainer ride, and I was enlightened by what I saw. My spin scan numbers were identical almost the whole ride. My wattage was ridiculous but my cadence was slow. Yes, it is true, I am a grinder. One of my 07 goals is to keep that power and increase my cadence. Likely one of the reasons my running sucks is that I generate enough wattage to fly an airplane, at a ridiculously low cadence, and then wonder why my legs malfunction and my stomach turns inside out when I hop off the rocket and try to run.

Enlightenment is always humbling.

I rode the lovely new Computraioner in the warm comfort of my office, and I delighted in sweating instead of freezing. I enjoyed the fan blowing in my face and I even felt like I had too much to watch on the screen. Me, Frank, cadence, average cadence, heart rate, average heart rate, watts, average watts, my slope, Frank's slope........ when people tell me they watch TV in addition to watching the screen I begin to wonder!

So it was a great ride and a great week. The Train-This super bowl party was great fun (although I left after my boy Prince sang..... I never miss bedtime with Luc). Fosters one and two were painted blue and white, and I even took part in the play by play quarter game (I won nothing, but Marian was making a killing!)

This evening I am very tired from a weekend that was too busy and very Epic. Luckily I don't have another busy weekend planned until April. Whew. I need the quiet life, I need the time with my family, I need to kick back more often.

Tomorrow morning I begin build week 2 with a ride on the Ironman Florida Course. Increasing cadence, holding a steady heart rate and wattage, what better way is there to start off the week?

Epic Weekend rating........ A+!

:-) Mary Eggers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary,
Stop your research on the treadmills!!! Unless you have an umlimited budget. We just bought one at Costco....Epic 550 View for under $1k. That was our budget since we don't LOVE the treadmills, but with weeks of sub zero, we are DONE! :) Let me know if you want more details. Jennifer Harrison