Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Snow Day

Rumor has it, that if you wear your pajamas inside out to bed, the next day a snow day will be granted. Children throughout Western New York reportedly did just that, and we awoke to one of the greatest days of childhood....... The Snow Day! A free day off of school, feet upon feet of snow, that just means two things; hot cocoa and sledding.

Driving home from the hospital at midnight, where I completed a four hour shift, I knew this day was coming. Heck I have planned for it all week. Got the workouts in, got the work done, even got some extra sleep. As I drove 10 miles at an amazing 10 miles per hour I just had that feeling.

As Luc woke up and ran to the window to see just how much white fluff had landed, I felt like I had the most incredible power on earth when I announced that today school was closed.

It's not like kids don't like school, or that they don't want to learn. But a snow day is like a rebellion against the system. Like in this world of rules and homework they have something in their corner. HA! Take that, an extra day to do homework, an extra day to go outside, an extra day to do whatever we want!

Hooray! Enjoy the day!

:-) Mary Eggers



No comments: