Thursday, February 1, 2007

New Year's Resolutions

I believe in New Year's resolutions, I think they are fun. Life changing decisions should not come from a resolution, I try to make them small things that are good habits or again, fun things to do.

Here is my list for 2007 and how I am doing with them;

1. Floss: Ten years with Bulimia takes about 25 to recover from in terms of teeth damage and gum issues. I have had extensive round of dental work, and I have about 2 more rounds to go before we can call it done. If you ever want to rob me, don't steal my bike, steal my mouth. I should have it insured there is so much money in it.

In 2006 I somehow got out the habit of flossing. So in 2007 I am back at it. And I am right on track. "Gums should look like turtle necks around teeth." Dr. Tabone told me years ago... he'd be proud because I am flossing twice a day!

2. Don't lose my phone. I have a horrendous track record with cellular phones. I have crashed with them in my pockets, flushed them down toilets, ran over them in my car, dropped them, and I usually leave it at Starbucks. I leave it at Starbucks so often that they call me at home to tell me where it's at. I got a Treo phone and I have not lost it in 30 days. A record for me!

3. Read four books that have nothing to do with multisport. If left up to me I would only read multisport, but I have since branched out. Here is what I have read in a month:


The Alchemist

Leadership (by Rudy Guliani)


Comfortable with Uncertainty

4. Learn how to cook. My husband is an amazing cook and he cooks beautifully healthy dishes. I am lucky, I realize that. I thought 2007 should become the year that I put my skills at the stove to work. So I am cooking dinner once a week. If I screw it up, I have a stash of whole grain frozen pizzas that I quickly use instead!

So those are the things I vow to do in 2007. Like I said, nothing life changing should be pinned on something as flimsy as a new year's resolution, but if you make them fun, they just might stick!

:-) mary eggers

No comments: