Thursday, February 8, 2007

Heat Wave

Some of the gang at Cast A Shadow, from left to right Kitima, Sherry, Kevin, Me (red jacket) and Dana!

We've got a heat wave here campers, so get out your suntan lotion. Twenty degrees is the reading outside right now, and I am delighted to be suiting up for a run. I have four hours laid out on front of me, with an hour on the run and 3 on the Computrainer.

It's fascinating how the more tools we train with to give us data, well that I use, the more I find out how much I suck. Sure I may typically have the fastest or one of the fastest bike splits in a race, and sure my pedal stroke is nice and even, but how I am riding in relationship to cadence, heart rate and wattage is horrible. Rather than seeing that as a negative, I feel lucky...... I can become a better cyclist!!!! That makes me smile. After all, I am not at the top of the mountain beginning the decent, I have just begun to climb.

So computrainer world is terrific and I am finding myself developing an obsession for this tool. I am dreaming of courses, time trials, importing, exporting.... it is a whole new world for me. Next weekend when we attend the Hunter Allen Seminar on Training With Power, I hope to learn more...... more.......more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My rest and easy days were stacked at the beginning of the week to recover from Epic weekend. I bounced out of bed this am ready to take on whatever these nuts from racer Mate (the designers of the Computrainer software) have cooked up for me. So the next four days are heavy, in fact next week is heavy. We decided to do a 3 week build as Luc's Winter Break is coming up, and it is wise to recover then. I am delighted that this will be a good block, I can feel it in my bones. I am looking forward to test week, that should be revealing as well. Gulp.

:-) Mary Eggers


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just GREAT Mary, like you are not deadly enough on the bike, now you'll be faster? Awesome. Your comeback will be thrilling!