Thursday, July 12, 2007

#2141

This morning our Ironman Lake Placid numbers were assigned. I am #2141, which has no significance until right now, the moment that it became my favorite number. There is something about the numbers being assigned that makes it more real than sign up. Next step... the silver wristband.

Each of these small steps helps to clear the things that stand between the starting line and I. Packing, travel, unpacking. Registering, a few workouts, a lot of dreaming.

The countdown is on, and I am feeling really good. I am now thankful I did not truly taper for Gulf Coast and I am thankful I never tapered for Eagleman. Because if I get to feel this good a week from the Ironman..... I realize now the purpose and I am thinking..... yeah, it was worth it.

There's a bounce in my step, a giggle in my heart, a butterfly in my stomach.

And I can't wait.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

:-) Mary Eggers

1 comment:

Dances with Corgis said...

Hmm... 2141... I googled it and didn't get anything relevant although perhaps you can go treat yourself here after the race :)

You sound like you're in an awesome spot right now... can't wait to see you up there!
Courtney