Saturday, July 21, 2007

T'was the Morning Before the Ironman

Good morning my friends...... I profusely apologize for my lack of communications this week, I am staying in such a remote house on a lake that I have not been able to attain Internet access. As this is the morning before the big day I have settled myself in at the Coffee Bean Cafe here in Lake Placid, where I am presently overlooking Mirror Lake. It's a gorgeous morning and the weather looks to be picture perfect for an Ironman tomorrow. Nice and cool in the am and rather cool all day. Hooray!

We settled into our home away from home on Wednesday, and although we are 25 minutes from town..... we are enjoying the solitude and quietness of our home. Jackie and gang arrived on Thursday and confirmed that for this year... this was the right spot.

Registration was on Thursday and weigh in went EXCELLENT :-) We have swum daily one loop of the course, and I am hitting it in 29 minutes, which could make for a good swim tomorrow as well.

Gathering my thoughts the morning before..... I feel strangely calm. I feel strangely relaxed. Our team is absolutely ready and our team gear is on. In a few hours I will check in my bike and gear bags and then will head home to get my feet up.

I won't have Kelly out there on the course this year, it's my first Ironman without her. That's been on my mind a lot. But i know she will be here and she will be thinking of us.

Tomorrow we will all take very different yet similar journeys. While we all have our eye on the clock..... it's the little moments that will get us through. The high five when we see a familiar face, or see our family on the sideline.

It's knowing that we are blessed to have this privilege, this opportunity, this chance. That's the part that will fill my heart and my spirit.

I am ready to go out there and have a boatload of fun. Thanks so much for reading and thank you so very much for stopping by.

Until Monday, signing off...... #2141 Mary Eggers

No comments: