Sunday, July 29, 2007

Focus

Seven days ago I was in the middle of Ironman Lake Placid. The pain has disappeared. The heart remains. The desire is burning to begin again with a focused plan for Ironman Florida. I can't help but wonder... where is the burnout I felt after 2003? The desire not to step course in an Ironman again? Why just seven days later am I dreaming of it again?

I guess that's what 140.6 does for you.

Curt feels grief for me because he believes I "dropped it" at Lake Placid. I feel elation because I realized I have it. I tasted sub eleven hours... and I liked what I tasted. In fact, I loved what I tasted.

Ironman Florida has the possibility of sub eleven. It also has the ability to be a 14 hour day. Each race has it's own double edged sword. But the difference here is that I am letting go of doubt and I am embracing possibility.

I am armed with the right tools. I am ready to take the necessary steps. Coach Trevor and I discussed the remaining races that I was planning on, and we cut things significantly.

I had to think about my priority. Is it a good day at IMFL or is it to repeat as champ of the Finger Lakes Tri?

Ironman Florida. I want it. I know if the stars align my day could be a good one.

So the plan wins. My goals win. I win. I am going to finally take this chance on myself and see what happens.

while I am aching to get back to the grind... I am following instructions and being patient. Luc and I took a 40 minute mountain bike ride on the canal together and it felt like heaven.

This week will be full of yoga and open water swimming. And I'd better relish in it because what is coming.... is going to make me go deep. Dark evenings and computrainer rides, or rides in the cold... back to the pool.....

But it all could amount to one thing. And it might not. But still... it might.

Thanks for stopping by,

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: