Sunday, July 8, 2007

Taper Week One

Taper week one went great. I knew it was essential to come out of this week feeling completely rested.... and I do. I did a race simulation workout with one of my good friends on Wednesday.... race day nutrition, race day pace, and it was spot on. Ironically it was even in the rain.

Fourteen days from this moment I will be doing the same thing I am doing now. Eating oatmeal and drinking coffee. And it will be the day I have been waiting for. It's been almost 4 years since I have toed the line of an Ironman and I feel ready. Hell, I feel ready for two Ironmans this year (good thing someone signed me up for that many!)

Next weekend is a busy one. We've got the Mini Mussel on Saturday (I am racing!) and the Musselman 1/2 Ironman on Sunday. For the 1/2 Ironman the Train-This Transition Crew (aka; Train-This Ironman Lake Placid Team) will be working transition. Look for us in blue and pink wigs, our Train-This gear and grass skirts, directing you through transition as we dance our booties off. Wildflower will have nothin' on us ;-)

Friday afternoon will be my first ever press conference. I am seated between Victor Plata and Brian Rhodes! I am certain I will be asked nothing, which is just fine by me, I will be in TT gear enjoying the view :-)

So taper is going along just fine. I admit to some crankiness..... but otherwise I am feeling calm and ready.

Thanks for stopping by.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: