Friday, September 28, 2007

Run Towards The Light!

The end of Big Balance is almost here, and I can see the light at the end of this tunnel. I can feel it taking shape, and as the fatigue is still mounting, but I am recovered from Wednesday.

As I began my tempo run this morning I was positive I wouldn't be able to hit the intervals. But I did. I put away those negative thoughts. I opened the door to possibility. During interval #4 my right hamstring began to pull and then throb. I kept my pace. I wanted to push through. I decided to abort the interval, stop a moment, and stretch. I ran easy the next 5 minutes and all was fine. A moment to slow resulted in a fifth and strong interval. If I had pushed, would I have run at all?

Who knows. Of all the running I have done in the past 6 weeks this would be the first run I deviated from. And that makes me smile.

At Masters this morning the gang was swimming strong, and I did my best to. Quite honestly unless it is an Ironman week I rarely swim four times in one week. I swam four hours a day in college. As Coach T has it set up, easy day... hard day..... is perfect for me.

Four workouts to go, and 2 days. On Monday I have an optional day off. I have a feeling I will hit the road anyways.

Thanks for stopping by.

:-) mary

No comments: