Wednesday, September 19, 2007

There's Something About Mary

Because lately I have been asked, and in case you cared, or even if you didn't.

Years in Triathlon; 10 I think

Ironman PR; 11:23

70.3 PR; 4:48

Course records; 6 that still exist

Marital status; Married 7 glorious years

Children; one darling 6 year old with a broken leg

How many times have I qualified for Hawaii; 3

How many times have I done the Hawaii Ironman; None

How many times I have been to Hawaii; twice

Favorite race; Ironman Lake Placid

Least Favorite Race; don't have one

Occupation; Mom, Triathlon Coach, Yoga Teacher, Registered Nurse, Student, Spinning Instructor

Favorite Occupation; Mom

Bike I currently ride; Cervelo P2C

Running Shoes; Mizuno Wave Riders

Goggles; Sweeds for the pool, TYR for outside.

PowerMeter; Ergomo

GPS system; Garmin Forerunner 305

Favorite Food; Tomato Soup

Favorite drink; Coffee

What you might not know about me; I am a student at the University of Rochester

What you do know about me; Multsiport is my passion.

How many times my son has broken his leg; 2

How many times my son has had open heart surgery; 1

Which was easier; open heart surgery believe it or not!

My favorite training partner; Kelly Bergkessel

Where I swim; Under the guidance of Coach Lorie Rick of the RAMS

My triathlon Coach; Coach T

Best thing my coach has ever told me to do; Harden the F&^# Up

Best thing my husband has ever said to me in an Ironman; Suck it up buttercup

# of races in which I have vomited; 6

# of races I have DNF'd; 1 (warning..... never claim you will DNF. NEVER CLAIM IT.)

Stupidest thing I have said during a long run; The canal is higher when it is full

# of bike crashes I have had this year; 3

# of serious injuries I have had; 1

My favorite thing about coaching; watching people transform because they believe in themselves.

Age difference between Curt and I; 17

# of times during a race I have been called his daughter; 2

# of people who care about the age difference; 1,00,000,000,000

How many times I have ever thought about it; zero

People I look up to; Karen Smyers and Lisa Bentley. Both are class acts.

# of Ironman Hawaii World Champions I have hugged; 1

# of Hawaii Ironman World Champions I have been photographed with; 2

# of Ironman Hawaii World Champions I named my son after; 1

# of Ironmans I have done; 3

# I of Ironmans I will (hopefully) do this season; 2

# of Ironmans I would recommend per year; 1

Who I pick to win Hawaii this year; Lisa Bentley and Chris McCormack.

:-) Mary

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Out of EVERYTHING we can eat in the whole world.....TOMATOE SOUP? OH MY GOSH!!! :) hee hee. Jen

Dances with Corgis said...

interesting interesting. :) You left out your favorite flavor of ice cream, though