Monday, November 9, 2009

the golden day

Today is Luc's "Golden Day". He's 9, on the 9th in 2009. Happens once in a lifetime for a few lucky souls, and we are certainly celebrating. This afternoon I brought in cupcakes to his class. I adore these boys, I adore this school. I adore every person in it. What a change.

K.O. from the 'Cuse and I keep emailing one another, as we are so excited for Clearwater. I am gluing on tires, cleaning my bike...... did you get in to IMFL...... Our son's both have birthday's this week and I don't know about her but thanks to the Core..... the sight of frosting makes me feel sick.

I am excited, I am ready and I am feeling such a wave of gratitude that it's overwhelming. I will be signing off for a few days just because I have an exam, packing, birthday celebration. Once I get to Clearwater I promise to write a bit. It's the World Championships and I honestly believe I will be the girl there who is smiling ear to ear.

I really need to again say thank you.

  • To all of you whom I have and have not met. For stopping by to read about not so much, for leaving kind thoughts and words in the form of a comment or email. The support of this community has meant more to me than anything. If you are in Clearwater I will be in QT2 gear, and I am the only one who will be there from the team so please do not hesitate to say hello. I don't care if we have never met, we are connected and we are friends.
  • To the Train-This team, for being you. I can't believe that an entire group of strangers has become such family to me and to my family. We've shard a lot, most of it goes unnoticed to the general public. But I know.... that you know...... that I know..... that we know.
  • To Jesse Korpelnicki of Quantitative Triathlon Systems. For taking me on when you did not need any more athletes, for seeing something in me when I did not see it in myself. For teaching me and for helping me find my way back. For guiding me not just to this race but to see what is possible in 2010. My gratitude towards you and the entire team is more than I can explain.
  • To Curt and Luc, my life. My entire life. For living and sharing and laughing. for enduring the best of my life with the worst of my life. For kicking me out the door when I was tired. For hugging me when I needed hugs. For laughing and keeping everything in perspective. For being my life.

Thank you all so very very very much. To those who are traveling ..... safe passages....... don't forget that if you are in Clearwater I will see you on Friday morning at Pier 60, at the swim, at 7:00 am.

It's go time!

8 comments:

Pedergraham said...

Good luck in Florida, Mary, and enjoy the rest of Luc's special day.

wiley said...

Shine on, Mary!!! We are all rooting for you! Wishing you safe travels, great success racing and an A on that test!!!

Ryan said...

Somebody told me to email you for some free Sub 9 hour Ironman coaching???

Teegan wants me to tell your "studly" son of yours Happy Happy Birthday... I'm not sure I approve of her verbage, but I'm just the messenger.

Alright Mary...You have done the work, you know what to do, keep your mind strong and ACCEPT THE PAIN!!!!

Oh, and thanks because now I have to figure out how to update your link from my page since you went all big time on me.

Cusetri said...

go get it, Mary....!!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Luc!! And Good Luck Mary!!

Do you remember when I asked you (via text message) at the start of IMFL what to do? You told me to 'start swimming and everything would fall into place'

START SWIMMING!!

Kim said...

i have no doubt you will kick some serious QT2 ass in FL. pee in that speedsuit for me okay? :)

Anonymous said...

Hope it rains hard, Mary....will look forward to the race report.

Unknown said...

Glad Luc's week is off to a great start! Now it's time to look all hot in those awful purple compression socks you have - good luck!