Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Beautiful

It's these quiet moments at 6:30am that I love. Sitting here by the bay window in our kitchen, sipping coffee and pouring random thoughts over paper, which is a computer screen and a key board. The sun has risen and the lilac tree just outside the window is about ready to bloom. Stop by some time for a vase of lilacs, I am very certain we have the prettiest ones in Rochester. My only regret for them is that they don't stay in bloom for the entire summer.

And they shouldn't. The lilacs give way to the trees blooming, Then when it is all said and done, come fall the apple trees are ready. The progression of life is fascinating, beautiful and often leaves me wonder struck.

Those are the things I notice from a bicycle, or from running. View it as one thing if you would like, but I see it as another. It goes beyond winning, and competing. It runs deeper than times and intervals. It is much simpler than that actually. Feeling the sun, feeling the air, smelling the roses you could say. The quietness of nature becomes more inspiring than what is on my iPod, more exhilarating then a cruise interval, when you pull it all aback and see it for what it really is..... that is where true beauty lies.

For this reason I will never understand why people actually can feel hatred for one another over bike splits, podium finishes, finishing times, accomplishments. I just don't get that anymore.

For that reason I don't understand why people cheat whether it be through drugs or course cutting. I just don't get that.

After all, we are all in this together. Whether you are a triathlete, gardener, a bowler, whoever you are. This is one world. we are one people coming together just living the best life that we can.

And that's a beautiful thing.

Thanks for stopping by.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: