Sunday, May 27, 2007

We're Home!

We arrived home this afternoon from a beautiful weekend in Lake Placid. I shall recap the entire trip tomorrow, but I am frightened.

I am frightened because 112 miles of hills has never felt so... good and .... I am terrified to say... easy. And I rode it as fast as my 2003 Ironman time, but I wasn't pushing.

Because the run off the 112 miles bike... felt bouncy.

Terrified because my carbo load and nutrition plan made me feel smoking great.

Because I nailed Ironman pace with walking 1 minute per 10.

Because I have no soreness.

Because I feel so freaking good.

When does the other shoe drop? Do I admit my success this weekend, or do I hide it and wait? Do I dare dream of that day in July?

One thing is for sure. I love to climb. I love to climb in Lake Placid. I have spent so much time on flat courses that I forgot the thrill of 10 minute / 6 mile descents. I forgot my strength spinning through the last 11.

I forgot the feeling of looking to the mountains and the stream of the river beside me.

I heard a voice inside my head this weekend say one thing to me....

"Welcome home Mary. It's been a while."

Thanks for stopping by. Full report tomorrow.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: