Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Final Push

I am feeling excited to wake up tomorrow with my biggest week of training for 2007 ahead of me. It is Lake Placid Training Camp time and I can not wait. On Friday morning 20 of my athletes and I will head to the gorgeous mountains of Lake Placid to train, sleep eat and train for three days.

This week could bring me to 25 hours of training with 300+ miles on the bike and 40_ of running. Not only does the volume kick up but the intensity does too. Contrary to my Gulf Coast run split... my running is spot on in terms of distance. A little intensity there will bring up that end. But now we really hone in on the bike. It's all good and fun to be a great runner, but if you can't come off that 112 mile bike feeling fresh as a daisy, then it doesn't matter who you are.

I have a few definite races built into the end of training weeks for speedwork. The Pittsford tri and Keuka Lake will be at the end of 20 hour weeks. So that will be interesting as I develop a new tolerance to a new level of pain.

So I am ready. I am ready to begin the final push. This is where the going gets real good.

Thanks for stopping by.

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: