Sunday, June 8, 2008

An Amazing Weekend

I am not sure if I want to cheer or cry. I don't know if I am glad I didn't race this weekend or if I wish I had. It was a tough day out there for so many of my athletes. reports came in that Eagleman was 107 degrees. One of my girls who is damn experienced couldn't remember her name. Another one had a promising beginning and and ending I am all too familiar with. Still another was not denied a personal record. I know what it feels like to have both of these days. You wonder what the heck happened, or you feel on top of the world.

Up north at Mooseman things were cooler at 93 degrees. Can you even say that was cooler? Ed maintained his blood sugar and did great. Sarah PR'd by 16 minutes. Alan finished his first half too and shared the course with his daughter.

Over at Keuka Amy became a triathlete. Nathalie battled illness and heat as well. So many did so well, and I don't have all the results or stories yet.

Part of me is in tears with those who reached for the stars but still got the moon. And I am elated for those who did grab that star.

But this is what it is all about, isn't it? Taking aim, dealing with what the day brings to us and handling it as best we can. I am so very proud of this team, the good and the bad! Congratulations to all!

No comments: