Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Take a Vote and New Numbers!

Before we begin today I would like to take a vote. You see my rear Bontrager wheel is still full of water. In his refusal to accept responsibility for his wrongdoing.... Curt believes he did something really wonderful in that he found a problem with the wheel.

I on the other hand..... believe I should have a new Bontrager Disc, or keep Curt's Zipp disc. It is hanging on my side of the garage and the man has been in a continuous seizure for well over 48 hours.

So please cast your vote.......

Does Curt owe me a Bontrager Disc Wheel? Or not? You decide. :-)

Moving along.... my week of moderate volume and fun is over. Except I got tricked. My instructions last week were to have fun at the corporate challenge and the Pittsford Tri. And I sure did (Hear that CJ? I had FUN!).

With my training this week I saw some new numbers..... apparently in my fun I lowered my V Dot and increased my FTP. Hip Hip HOORAY!

Except now the easy I was used to... is a little bit harder. The harder I was used to...... is even harder.

So this morning during my 2 hour run I had a new E pace, and I was able to maintain it without a problem. The bar got raised, or in this case lowered and I was happy. The fruits of this work are beginning to surface. But hold on.... no giddying up yet as we still have a lot of work to do.

I am happy now that I decided to skip Mooseman this weekend. I have these next 2 weeks to focus, hit these new numbers and begin to hone my aim.

Ironman Lake Placid...... here we come!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH YES ABSOLUTELY---CURT, sorry, but you do owe Mary a new disc! :) Jen H.
Congrats on your new lower E pace!

Wingman said...

That disc is yours!

So if you get to run faster now, does that mean post Mooseman I get to do the same thing even though I have no clue what my Vdot is since I hate haert rates?

Pedergraham said...

Yes, you need a disc wheel--new, preferably even an upgrade!
:) Danielle
P.S. I'm not all the sure what E and V-Dot mean, but by Jen's comment, I think that you achieved a good thing, so congrats!

Beth said...

You know my vote - new disc wheel for sure!!! :) Glad all your hard work and training are paying off!

Ryan said...

I wish my wife would talk "dirty" to me like you do............

Disk wheel....
VDOT......
FTP......

I gotta go!

Cy said...

oh yes--Bontrager Disk all the way-They have such cool graphics to boot!

cheers to raising the bar!

Marit C-L said...

Yep - a new wheel is definiteley called for! :)
Sweet on your lower pace! Yea!!! That's awesome!!!

Mary Eggers said...

Ryan....

That is the best comment anyone has ever left me! EVER! You WIN!

:-) mary