Wednesday, August 27, 2008

i said no

Let me get this onto the record right away..... I am not signing up for the 2009 edition of Ironman Canada. But thank you for the 84 (yes, eighty FOUR) emails that contained this message Wednesday......


Limited online entry slots available for 2009 Subaru Ironman Canada August 27, 2008
Penticton, BC – A limited number of general entry slots for the 2009 Subaru Ironman Canada will be available on-line. These slots will be available through the
www.ironman.ca website beginning at 9 AM PT Friday August 29th. Demand for these slots is expected to be high and therefore athletes are encouraged to go to the website as soon as possible.


I mean, so what if it is my dream race? So what if it isn't completely sold out? So what if it will have crossed the year mark since I have done an Ironman? Uh.... for the record I technically have not done an Ironman since Nov 4th 2007.


I still, WILL NOT BE ONLINE FOR THIS SIGN UP. I freaking hope.


Not to say that this race is not on my radar. This race is the highest on my radar of any race in the world. Trumps Hawaii like tenfold. Smashes Hawaii tenfold. (sorry Hawaii buds.....)


My aim is to use this race as my reward for finishing grad school. Therefore I will be doing.... or should I say attempting to sign up for this race in the year 2011. I put four years between my second and third Ironmans and I will put three between my fourth and fifth.


There is more than one way to get into this race and believe me, I know what I will need to do to be standing next to a giant peach in August of 2011.


While I am dropping bombshells I might as well drop this one.


Take a deep breath, a drink of java and please sit down.


I am going to cut my coffee consumption.


I know, please don't worry because I have found an alternative. Teccino. Have I tried it yet? No. But I have been thinking about it since May. Three months to think about trying something might be a signal that I could use a step down program.


Now coffee and I have not had an argument. Unlike the Ironman we have not broken up. When I can drink a pot and go to bed without an issue..... it might be time to cut it down. I just love coffee and this possibly will serve as a good alternative. Apparently you can mix it with coffee and wean yourself.


I don't know how this will go. I don't know I will last even one day. I do know I shall give myself an out. I will say that I will not pass up Starbucks. Ever.


But anything is worth a try!

6 comments:

BreeWee said...

Id have to say (and I am a major fan of Hawaii) that IM Canada is a BLAST! By far one of the most fun bike courses ever and that run is so great, only if I finished it!

Enjoy the coffee!

rr said...

Oh no. Coffee will be so sad. :(

I'll meet you in Penticton in 2011 - I've always to do that one too!

Danni said...

OH Mary!
That Teeccino thing looks fabulous!!!! Let me know what you think of it, I'd be interested to try it.
I think the way you are approaching IM Canada is a very smart way. I like the idea of a "reward".

Go Mom Go said...

First, I hope that the coffee thing works for you...I probably should be following in your footsteps.

Second, I only got one e-mail about Canada. It is obvious the Ironman people know how much you rock!

Trigirlpink said...

I enjoy watching the foaming at the mouth frenzy that occurs when word gets out that IM slots are available when normally they would be sold out and never reach Active.com
"Demand for these slots is expected to be high."
Board up the windows! Stock pile the groceries!
Yeah.. ok....

Ashley said...

are you crazy... using an IM as grad reward?! Oh Mary Sunshine, I love ya.