Monday, August 10, 2009

long day

My long ride this week was exhilarating. Not in terms of effort, just a steady ride but any time I ride to Naples I fall in love with this area even more. It squashes away my Hawaiian dreams. Although it was raining it was a warm rain. I don't care how much it rains, if the rain is warm then I am happy.


Today's food log demonstrates what I eat on a four hour training day. I biked for 3:30 and ran off the bike for 30 minutes. The feeling I used to have after a four hour workout was a feeling of pure ravenous-ness (is that a word)? But as I fuel better during, afterwards is just a normal day.

Remember the goals: the big goal for me being 4 fruits and 4 veggies. And protein. For reference here is a good power point presentation to check out.

  • 6am: Protein Drink (I use Whey to go Chocolate flavor a Whey Protein. I mix it water), 1 banana, and 1 slice Ezekiel 4:1 bread (a flourless bread made from sprouts, so I guess not a bread at all!). In the hour window before you are looking for higher glycemic, which is the bread. This is also pretty much my pre race breakfast.

  • 7am: During the 3:30 ride I have: 4 bottles of Power Bar Endurance (3 scoops each), every 30 minutes I had 1/2 powerbar, (totalled to 3 powerbars) and at 3:30 1 powergel (as I still have a 30 min run to do).

  • 11am post workout: 2.5 cups of skim milk with 3 tbsp of chocolate syrup.

  • 12Noon: back to the core: 2 cups of sweet baby lettuce, grilled chicken on top, 1 cup of steamed broccoli, Greek yogurt with strawberries.

  • 2pm: pureed mango with blueberries. 3-4 "Mary's Gone" crackers made from flax seed.

  • 4pm: apple

  • 6pm: Dinner out! Grilled chicken with corn and cottage cheese. House salad. Tea.

  • 8pm: protein drink with water.

Now a long day might not look like I eat much..... but honestly after eating my brains out for nearly four hours during my workout I have to force myself to eat. In the past after a four hour workout I'd need to nap, I'd need to recover and now, I take an ice bath, a shower and then I can go and do fun things like swim with Luc and Curt the rest of the day!



No comments: