Saturday, August 8, 2009

QT2 Update

Things are going well under the guidance of the Wizard. I still can't believe how much I am learning in terms of nutrition. As I have said before I previously had a very limited palate and now I am trying new things each week. Mangos, cantaloupe, honey dew, berries of all kinds..... I learned a great little quick recipe for sauteing mushrooms....... many afternoons I am in the kitchen just chopping veggies or fruits .... I love it.

The nutrition part of all of this is something I am ashamed that as a coach and athlete I have overlooked. I have never felt better. My recovery between workouts is great, I am holding 15-16 hours right now and we moved back into the base phase post Musselman. That means I am working on running cadence, cycling cadence nailing heart rate zones on the road in hilly rides.... tightening those zones up. Nutrition before, during and after the long stuff. The focus here is first and foremost on health. What a concept. I love eating in the core.

I am delighted that my run E paced is now 30 seconds faster than it was in April. On the bike the wattage is trending up, and I am hoping hoping hoping that I get to unleash on the bike in a race soon. Swimming, we have gotten to work. Ouch.

My QT2 Team kit arrived this week and I will admit it, I have been training in it. I like to train a lot in what I race in. Typically I am a speedo gal but this year have been changing it up. I love the new gear, I love my jacket, pictures to come soon.

In September we will be traveling to Maine for the Pumpkinman 1/2 Ironman. After that I have a great big hard block that will lead to Clearwater.

It's 2010 that we are laying the groundwork for. And while that is super exciting we need to finish this season first.

The Wizard is an incredible coach. Absolutely incredible. That's all I need to say!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: