Friday, April 20, 2007

Here IS the SUN!

To know Curt Eggers is to love him. He has a warped sense of humor. Yesterday morning after I begged him to allow me to wear his Oakley's, he left me a pair of 3D glasses from the movie: Meet the Robinson's.

This morning he left eight coffee mugs hanging from my bike. It was like a coffee mug Christmas tree!

But I love when mornings begin this way, I love when he makes me laugh. In the Eggers house there is always laughter rolling around. Always joking, always the never ending wrestling match with the boys.

That happiness transferred over to a day of workouts which began at 5am. I am truly grateful to my lane mates Ken, Bill, Les, Erik, Mar, Dana and Maureen, as their studliness has embraced me to the point where swimming improvement is noticeable. After 1:15 in the pool I admit to hopping out early, as Luc's but comes at 0739. While Curt gets the morning routine done I will not give up 5 minutes of the morning with Luc, even for another 1,000 yards. There is just something about a day begun with a mooch from your boys.

Before yoga class I was able to squeeze in a 30 minute run, and after yoga I cruised through 1:30 of zone 2-3 cycling, that followed by another 30 minute run. I felt the sun on my back, I felt the warmth in the wind.

The cold bit of winter has finally disappeared and here we are in spring, almost summer.

It makes me wonder if we would appreciate this beautiful weather if we had it all of the time. And do the people who have it all of the time not only appreciate it, but also appreciate the beauty of the snowfall? I don't know but I feel lucky to live where I live. I don't know what I would do without the four seasons to bring change and challenge. To bring color and life. To bring the unique activities that comes along with each season.

Good times.

Heading into the weekend I am at 15 hours with just 5 to go, feeling happy to be back in build week. Not knowing whether I am headed to Montana or Eagleman. Knowing that in a few weeks I will be swimming in the ocean. And knowing that things are right on track.

Good Times.

Thank you for reading.

:-) mary eggers

No comments: