Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Meaning of Things

It's funny when you lay down a plan. You expect there to be bumps and turns. While you expect that, the key to surviving change is just learning to allow things to change as you adapt to them. In the past month I went from planning for Eagleman to switching the focus to my Montana Teacher Training, and now I am back to Eagleman.

The Montana Teacher Training is full. I have been wait listed. As we are trying to still get me in, come Sunday I will make a decision, as so much of my training needs to be thought out, looked at and planned for.

It's funny because I have a lot of unfinished business at Eagleman. That is a course in which I am capable of a good day, and I have not had that just yet. Plus, I have several athletes going, and my friend Jen from Illinois will be there. I see her at Eagleman. The Nugent's my home stay family are expecting me for the third year, and truly they are my favorite reason for going.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture of life, it is much easier to see where all these pieces fit. The answer is crystal clear right in front of me.

This week Spring is slowly arriving and I slide into another 3 week build. Monday was a light 1:20 on the bike and some VASA work, and Tuesday was my traditional day off. Between Wed and Sunday we will back in an additional 18 hours and 15 minutes of volume and here come some intervals! WOO HOO!

I am feeling good sugar free for a week. I feel very happy that spring is finally springing! And I feel lucky, really lucky!

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: