Sunday, April 1, 2007

Spring Forward Race Report

This morning we had beautiful weather for the Spring Forward 9.5 Distance Run, and I am pleased to announce I had a terrific workout! The day began at 0430 with a 90 minute ride, and then continued at 7am with a 6 mile run with some of my athletes. We got to the starting line just in time for the start, and the next 9.5 miles were wonderful. Nutrition was working well, and I was feeling great, even with all those miles already on!

This is a very hilly course, not one section is flat, so finding an average pace is never an option! After we finished we ran another 3 to tally 18 miles of running for the day. No soreness, no bonking, a complete success.

Many kind people welcomed me back to the racing scene, and it made me realize it has been a bit since I raced locally. We have an amazing community here.

So build week 2 complete with 40 miles of running, 200 miles of cycling and 8000 yards of swimming. 19 hours total, and we have one more build week in the block!

Hooray! SOrry so short, much more to come!

:-) Mary Eggers

No comments: